Save 40% off when signing up for your dental plan with annual payment

Discomfort when eating due to the lack of teeth?

For many people who have lost a tooth, enjoying their favourite food, far from being a pleasure, is a nightmare because of the discomfort and consequences it entails. Fortunately, nowadays there are dental treatments that allow us to eat without problems and with the greatest comfort.

Types of toothpaste, there's one perfect for your teeth

Nowadays there are a wide variety of toothpaste types to choose from. We tell you about the 5 main options on the market so you can choose the perfect toothpaste for your teeth.

The curious story of toothbrush

Everything you need to know about the curious story of the toothbrush we tell you here at Wildsmile. A Chinese emperor in love, a sincere maiden and several centuries of experimentation were the perfect keys to its creation.

Dental Caries, you better detect it on time!

Once a dental caries appears, there is no going back. It is essential to visit the dentist to detect and eliminate such problems on time; otherwise, for a dental caries not treated on time, the only solution will be tooth extraction.

advisor

Why do I have bad breath, halitosis

by Wildsmile

There are several causes of bad breath or halitosis. 90% of the problems come from the mouth and the other 10% has to do with bad hygiene habits, illnesses and the food we eat.

It is normal that after ingesting food such as garlic, onion or coffee, our mouth smells bad, since it contains intense oils, which once expelled as air, cause that intense and unpleasant smell. Tobacco and alcohol also contribute significantly to bad breath. In the majority of cases, good dental hygiene, good brushing techniques and regular dental cleanings will solve the problem. Remember to visit your dentist twice a year.


Good brushing to avoid bad breath


Oral hygiene is essential for a healthy mouth and teeth. The correct brushing technique consists of circular movements throughout the teeth and gums, as well as on the inside and outside. The brushing time plays a very important role, it is recommended that it should last no less than 3 minutes. It is also recommended to change your toothbrush every 2 months, since bacteria accumulate in the bristles, which can cause bad breath. Flossing is an excellent ally for prevention, since scraps of food left behind between the teeth create bacteria that cause bad breath. It is recommended to use it in every brushing (3 times a day), but if you don't have time or forget it, use it mainly at night.

Do you brush your tongue?


Did you know the tongue needs to be brushed too? It is the oral organ that holds the most bacteria. This sounds kind of gross, doesn't it? Start by brushing it gently, with movements from the inside out. It's important that you brush the back of your tongue too, because there is where most of the bacteria exist.


Xerostomy (dry mouth)


Dry mouth also causes bad breath. Have you ever wondered why our mouth smell bad when we wake up? This is because at night our salivary glands are not stimulated, therefore, they do not secrete saliva which contains enzymes that kill some of the bacteria that cause bad breath.


Systematic diseases that cause halitosis


Recent studies found that some systemic diseases such as diabetes, sinusitis, tonsillitis and cardiovascular disease contribute to bad breath, as well as the intake of medicines for the treatment of these diseases and others, can cause halitosis, as they dry out our mouth.


So now you know, have a correct hygiene, floss your teeth, brush your tongue, get your teeth cleaned and change your toothbrush every 2 months. With these tips say goodbye to halitosis!

Want to learn more about this?

Contact us

* All fields are required

Teeth Whitening: myths

Teeth whitening is a process that is at the top of its existence. Having white teeth has become one of the aesthetic priorities of many of us. This has led to the emergence of myths about it.

Removable Dental Prosthesis: definition, manufacture and hygiene

The removable prosthesis is a dental restoration treatment that allows it to be removed from the mouth at will. Its purpose is to replace one or more dental pieces that have had to be removed.

Oral Health: daily care

To maintain proper oral health, it is necessary to carry out a series of practices on a daily and methodical basis. Let's see what this condition is about and how it is done effectively.